We’re almost halfway through 2015, and i cannot deny the fact that my life has been a bit bland lately. Most of my days have been revolving with just three things: exams, papers, projects. Not even sleep. These past few months had been a little too tough towards us UP students, because we had to make a lot of adjustments within ourselves after the academic calendar had been shifted.
Sleep had been elusive- making it seem like gaining a few hours of sleep was already a luxury. Seeing summer getaway-related posts on facebook by our friends always stung; made us really envious because while they were on the beach having a splendid time with their families and loved ones, where were we? Well, stuck in our dormitories- either studying or stuDYING. This semester was indeed, a very long one. But we’re finally reaching the end of it in a few days and the idea of it excites me. Very much. After a very long time of pure agony caused by all the shitload of schoolwork we used to do every minute, i think we all deserve to loosen up a bit and have a really nice breather. Thus, i made a short list of my potential itinerary this mid year:
- Visit my mother’s hometown in Misamis Occidental, Mindanao – it has been forever since i last went there. I miss the white sand beaches there, the fresh air, the kind people. My heart’s already dying to go back and guess what, i have already booked a flight there on the first week of June and ill be traveling alone, yey! Being the kind of solitary person i am, it would surely be fun!
- Art in Island, QC – i have been hearing a lot of great reviews about this place and that made me wanna go and visit there badly. This has been already on my list since last year, and i have always been a fan of art museums. Ars longa vita brevis
- Watch inside a movie house alone – this one’s always been in my bucketlist since forever and the odd thing is, i have no idea why whenever i plan to do it, it always gets interrupted. Hopefully this break, i will finally be able to get this off my list
- Road trips – well, more road trips with my favorite people to random places! I have always been a fan of spontaneity and i love discovering unknown places for it makes my heart full
- Starbucks Twin Lakes, Tagaytay – i have come across this article saying that the most beautiful Starbucks in the Philippines is in Tagaytay, so this gave me an urge to visit the place. It’s not that far from home, after all. And it’s Tagaytay, who wouldnt wanna go there? It’s forever one of my favourite places in the world!
- Maginhawa St., QC – i have this friend who keeps on blabbering about how fun this place is, and by the word “fun” he means how full the place with food is! Being the kind of gluttonous person i am, i am very much looking forward to exploring this place
- Press Cafe – this one’s just located at ATC down south, particularly inside Fullybooked (my happy place) Well, just imagine the kind of place where both of my 2 most favourite things in the world are in: books & food. Isn’t it marvelous? I am dying to make a review about this place soon!
I decided to leave my list this short, for nothing can change the fact that time is a luxury for me and i still have to take my mid year classes in order to catch up. I am hoping that i will be able to accomplish everything on my list despite of how short my break is.
I believe that money should not be spent with material things, but with experience- particularly the priceless ones. Til my next tale!